The dreaded BBA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im pretty sure you don't have BBA. The all feared Black Beard Algae looks like a dark green hairgrass clump sort of, from what I know. I may be wrong, but I think you have a simpler hair algae. It is long, light green, stringy(or looks like thin green hair), and is loosely anchored. I have a strand i just got rid of. It catches lots of detritus and got quite long in about a week of me wondering what it was. Anyway, just pulling i out should be fine.

Thats not bba either. Bba looks like a dark green thin blanket. Thst you showed is just hairline algae

I would like to see what BBA looks like. Mine was fibrous but didn't get really long. I've cleaned almost all of it out of my tank by hand and using the filter. I'm thinking now that it wasn't really algae at all, but more just an example of what happens when you overfeed and don't have enough water movement.

Thanks-D

Do you think that now that I added a power head and changed my filter output-I can see the chain swords waving gently at the bottom of the tank-that's enough current? I whacked the daylights out of my water Sprite and all I had to do was brush it off. :facepalm: What a doofus I am...

Don't worry about the Sprite it will grow back in no time! If you plants are gently swaying then you should have enough current now. Just watch how the tank does for a few weeks.

Don't worry about the Sprite it will grow back in no time! If you plants are gently swaying then you should have enough current now. Just watch how the tank does for a few weeks.

Thank you! It's really nice to have someone to help you when you're new to a hobby. I really appreciate it.
D

Back
Top Bottom