The Itch is Back - New Aquarium Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
After staring for hours at crappy (well compared to my tank 3 months ago) fake plants I have the itch to grow the real thing. This time tho I am going a different route... I am going to get the planted set up first THEN get the fish :D

Is this a good setup? Only thing I will need is the tank.
I have a question in reguards to difusion method as well. I was thinking of making the hose going into the tank, split and have the c02 come out on BOTH sides of the tank to make it more evenly destributed. Is this a good idea? I would place a chop stick in the end for my defuser (as that worked AMAZINGLY with my DIY setup.) I have a 20 Gallon tank 3.25 WPG.
I have fertz I bought from Fort (who I have not seen on in a while) that worked FANTASTICLY.

From the picture it appears that the regulator is made by Azoo. I would recommend going with a regulator that has a good track record instead. I know that a lot of the members have had good success with Milwaukee regulators. I can personally recommend the custom built regulators by Rex Grigg.

If you are going to split the CO2 injection (recommended for large aquariums, but unnecessary on small aquariums like yours) then you'll probably want to use a manifold to ensure that you get equal injection on both sides.

The solenoid is helpful if you want to be able to turn of CO2 injection with either a timer or a PH monitor. It does provide an additional point of failure, so if you are looking to save money on the initial setup this may be something to skip.

you dont need to have two diffusors. just make sure you have enough circulation.

honestly. milwaukee is just an ok regulator and the one you're looking at is ok too. if i had to do it again, i would not buy milwaukee.

Back
Top Bottom