There are wirery leaves coming out of my jungle val?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it more important to have strong lighting, good substrate, or good ferts? Because I have a very poor substrate.

I may get some aquasoil amazonia for my tank. How much do I need and I do I put it into my already established tank?

Btw guys sorry for the confusing comments and responses. I am new to plant keeping and am struggling to find out what my plants and fish need to thrive.
- ma2oo

Is it more important to have strong lighting, good substrate, or good ferts? Because I have a very poor substrate.

IMO I would rate substrate last amongst the three. Supplements can always be added (tabs, pellets).
I would rate lighting first then ferts, but the two go hand in hand (low light = low ferts, higher lights = higher ferts) to keep algae at bay.
I have a low light tank (dual T5 NO) with no ferts and the Bacopa caroliniana is growing well as with the 2 species of crypts. IMO the crypts have a better size and shape in this setup compared to my other tank with higher lighting. On the other hand, this light will not support decent growth from the chain swords and althernaria reineckii (AR). The higher lighted tank (medium I suppose) uses a Finnex fugeray on a 12" high tank. Have been using Seachem Flourish Comp and Excel which have worked well. Switching to GLA PPS-Pro and Metricide 14 this week (better value, customizable ferts). DYI CO2.

Back
Top Bottom