Thinking about doing a RAOK lottery. Need Mod's help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all.
Due to various promotions, vendors I have ordered from have sent me a couple of appreciation gifts free that I don't need. I now have two pair of very nice 12" curved stainless steel planting scissors still in the package that I don't need.
I think it would be fun to let our newer planted tank afficiandos that are on a budget submit their names to me for a drawing. I want to follow the forum rules on this but need guidance. Do it in Off Topic?? Submit names by PM to me?? Has anybody done this before? I will pay the pittance of shipping to the winners so it would be totally free. Any Mods that can help me please PM me.
Brian(OS)

Hmm I have no need for scissors. :( but maybe if you get this set up we could keep it going and do it regularly with all different items?

These arnt just any scissors, these scissors are designed for pruning submerged plants, I have a pair and they are money!!!

I'd like to be in on this. I current;y have a heck of a time pruning things in my 55 since I made the stand too high

Thats super cool. Im good on scissors as well, so I'll keep my hat out of the ring. It'd be neat to see how this goes though.

Haha that would be nice! Ive been using a knife to get the tougher leaves pruned >.>

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow! That is really nice of you for wanting to do this! You could have sold them but raffling them off is a cool idea and there are going to be a couple of happy people! :) I can't use them since I can only have rock work in my tank but I'm curious to see who wins!! You're awesome!

It'd be cool if we could do something like where the winner of the RAOK continues the cycle by RAOKing something themselves next. So say I won one of Brian's scissors, maybe I'd then RAOK a bunch of plant trimmings (or whatever). Sounds fun!

Scissors Raffle Fun!

OK, I haven't got a reply from any of our Mods, so I will set up the raffle as unobtrusively as I can. I will post a new thread giving the rules, details and a picture of the scissors this evening around 7pm central time. Will run for 24 hrs with name entries PM'd to me starting 7am 4/24 to 7am 4/25. This is going to be great fun! :dance: OS.

I did too! lol

I'd like to be in on this. I current;y have a heck of a time pruning things in my 55 since I made the stand too high

Mr Fisher I put my 29g and stand on 8" cinder blocks so the tank would be eye level. Now, to reach the plants at the substrate I have to use a small step stool.

A good idea at the time. lol OS.

Mr Fisher I put my 29g and stand on 8" cinder blocks so the tank would be eye level. Now, to reach the plants at the substrate I have to use a small step stool.

A good idea at the time. lol OS.

I know that feeling. I built mine 36" high. I'm a little over 6' tall so I'm for sure in that wet arm club, lol

If this goes well I think I'm going to offer some endlers. It's real cool of you to give back to the community Old Scales

Back
Top Bottom