This good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have this light for my 10gall that I really like, its a fluorescent one, its one of those color enhancer ones....and its 15watts (I have 42 over the tank in all) and the lumens is 675, and kelvin is 9325...is this ok? cause if so I will get one for my 20watt as well :D

blazeyreef said:
I have this light for my 10gall that I really like, its a fluorescent one, its one of those color enhancer ones....and its 15watts (I have 42 over the tank in all) and the lumens is 675, and kelvin is 9325...is this ok? cause if so I will get one for my 20watt as well :D
it is higher on the kelvin temp then i have ever tried, but i think it is still in the exceptable k range for plants, what color is it? i am guessing it is kind of blueish...just a guess

9325K is fine for plants, I have 2 bulbs over my tank, one is 6500K and the other is 10000K. Anything between 5000 and 10000 is fine.

The 10000K is a bit more blue but I actually like the look, I have blue fish and it really makes them stand out!

yes, I too like the blue look, it makes my neon tetra/cherrybarbs/and bolivian all stand out!

Both of my CF's are 9350K and I can't say enough about them. Not only do the fish colors stand out, what it does for plants that display reds and pinks in the leaves is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom