Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I like the look of the first pic as well, I was also looking at it and would like to see what it would look like if you moved the right piece more right, and the other piece lay down instead of standing up....put them close together like another poster suggested to make them look like one piece and have them sit to the right of your tank.....nice big leaf plant to cover where they don't join.....

Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

What else will you be using for decor?

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like the second pic personally
Old 04-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I played around some more and finally found something I liked. I just couldn't find a way to make it arched so that it looked natural, at least to me. I did try though.

This is basically the second picture, just further to the right and with the two pieces closer together. It looks natural...to me anyway. No flash this time, but you can see the cloudy water I need to fix.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
What else will you be using for decor?
At the moment that's it for a hardscape, unless I decide to go on a rock hunt. Not sure if that would add to it or not. I have a test run of plants ordered to see if I can keep them alive. Water sprite (1 floating) , Crypt wendtii brown and green (3 each), Crypt lucens (3), Crypt undulata(4), dwarf water lily(1), and Aponogenton boivinianus(1). I'll probably want to add more since I want lots of hiding places, but that's it for now.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I can't wait to see some plants in there! Oh I love watching people build tanks!

I think it's Going to look greeat! The wood has some nice branches....crypt wendtii brown is a nice contrast to all greens....I have it growing in my tank with 2 15 w bulbs above it and I dose liquid plant fert when I do water changes....seems to be continually growing new leaves!

Hope it works in your tank!

What kind of fish were you planning to add?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I can't wait to see some plants in there! Oh I love watching people build tanks!

I think it's Going to look greeat! The wood has some nice branches....crypt wendtii brown is a nice contrast to all greens....I have it growing in my tank with 2 15 w bulbs above it and I dose liquid plant fert when I do water changes....seems to be continually growing new leaves!

Hope it works in your tank!

What kind of fish were you planning to add?
What size tank do you have? I'm only running a single 20w bulb, but I was told that would be perfectly fine for all the plants I have ordered at least. Might need to experiment if I decide on others.

My plan right now is to have the wendtii brown in the back at the center or offcenter. I guess I have to see how it all looks first. I'm sure I'll end up rearranging things.

I was planning on chili rasboras, Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue', and
Yunnanilus cruciatus. Possibly another shoaling fish or just some of one of the smaller Betta species. I think I'll get some horned nerites as well. I've never kept snails.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanofish

What size tank do you have? I'm only running a single 20w bulb, but I was told that would be perfectly fine for all the plants I have ordered at least. Might need to experiment if I decide on others.

My plan right now is to have the wendtii brown in the back at the center or offcenter. I guess I have to see how it all looks first. I'm sure I'll end up rearranging things.

I was planning on chili rasboras, Sundadanio axelrodi 'blue', and
Yunnanilus cruciatus. Possibly another shoaling fish or just some of one of the smaller Betta species. I think I'll get some horned nerites as well. I've never kept snails.
They are in my ten gallon. I have two, one is doing better than the other....

I like your fish choices! I had to look them up and they look interesting!

How big is your tank
Old 04-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love my chilli rasboras! I find they are more interesting in larger schools though I currently have 17 in with my betta
Tank is looking good btw
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Niki- It's a 29 gallon, so I'll have plenty of room for fish. Do you use CO2 as well?

maestromad- I had only been thinking of 11 each, but maybe I'll up that amount for a bigger school.

Hopefully the plants will arrive tomorrow. I'll start a new thread then. I picked only Southeast Asian plants, but I might start looking up others. It's more important to me that I get the look I want, than that it is regionally correct.

Tags
cap

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com