This will be consider what???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiFishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
:D Hello everybody!

Hope everyone had a good pleasant and fun filled weekend; got a quick question.
Im thinking of adding live plants to my main 29 gall tanks. Java moss for the fry and to add color and body to the forground and maybe some fine micro sword or horse hair ( I think that is what is called )...

the question is this, would having two 20W fluorescent lights 6700k spectrum which will equal to a 40 W and give a 1.4 w/p/g be consider >
a low light
a low moderate
a moderate
a moderate high??? :?

Thank you in advance... am at work, and dont have the chance of browsing the forum for the answer... im sure it has been asked, just let me ask it one more time... thank you all again!
any recommendations for planting or plants are welcome!!
Have Zebra danios that like to lay their eggs everywhere! and 2 cory and two plecos!!

Thank you guys

So based on that, a low to moderate light would be around 2.0 w/p/g??? or the same as 60W ( either single or 2X 30W ) right???

2w/g is moderate light, and 3w/g is high light. Yours is considered low light, but it's not on the low end of low light, but mid-range low light. Some moderate light plants will do fine in your light as well, but will grow slower, such as L. repens.

There are a lot of plants that will do well in low-med light (you probably saw that in the other thread). All of those tanks are considered low-med or med. light and the members decide whether it would be low-maintenance (supplementing CO2 and ferts).

Thank you all,

Let me just ask one more thing, what plants would you guys recommend for a low-med light tank. I want something where my fry could hidde and get a better chance. Right now all that I have there is plastic and silk ... thought of some micro swords? good for covering and fry?

Thank you all again!!!

For a fry tank, Wisteria does very well, as it fills in as well as spreads. Just have to keep on top of it, as it will take over the tank. I use it in a breeder tank myself.

Back
Top Bottom