Thoughts on 24/7 mode?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcsguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I finally got around to buying new lights. I purchased the Finnex Planted+ 24/7. Now the thing I'm really wondering is if the 24/7 mode can be useful at all. I know the PAR peaks for only around 3 hours, but I also enjoy some of the colors it gives. Would I be better off just keeping it on max on a timer? Does anybody keep theirs on 24/7 mode?

I keep mine in 24/7 mode. I had it over a tank in the bedroom but the extra light in the late and wee hours were not conducive for sleeping.
Anyhow, I am getting great carpet growth with it (and copious amounts of CO2). I also run a Finnex Planted+ for about 3 hours towards the latter part of 24/7's peak phase.
I've done the max light on a timer. Honestly, I like the reddish and bluish shades in the non-peak hours. Fish appear to be more active at those times.

I have a 24/7 myself and I run it on a timer for about 8 hrs on 70% power. I had it on 24/7 mode when I first got it which led to algae growth. I do have diy CO2 and mainly low light plants so the strong light from the 24/7 mode wasn't needed. If you have pressurized CO2 then I'd try out 24/7 mode.

Back
Top Bottom