Thrills' Journey Back - Planted 46 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking forward to the tank shot. Sorry, what filter did you end up with again?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Typing way to fast in that last post. I meant filter "guard." Still have the same Ehiem Pro 3 which at full blast rips plants out the substrate,

Ah I see haha. Is the ehiem on a spray bar when it's ripping the plants up?

Ah I see haha. Is the ehiem on a spray bar when it's ripping the plants up?

Yup with the spray bar on it was tearing plants out of the substrate. I think not having filtration for close to a month didn't help the situation.

UPDATE

Firstly my apologies if for the blurriness in some of these pics. It looks like algae on the glass but is some type of reflection amplified by the settings. I cleaned the glass several times just to make sure. Anyways, full tank shot.

omRLfMi.jpg

D6FrezO.jpg

The dead white hair algae was too entwined with the monte carlo so I had to cut back a lot of it. I ended up with about a net full this is the half way point

Kbxb6aq.jpg

Edit* I played with the iso settings and it seems that this is causing the blurry effect. I suck at aquarium photos lol.

I have this section of the scape complete even though it's yet to grow in,

xizd2eA.jpg

Any help with the buces id? They changed leaf shape slightly and as fishenthusiast predicted starting changing colour.

ws7ml51.jpg

Nlr5BQU.jpg

p8k1dsN.jpg

Some observations: The Buces arrived damaged the last pic shows one with holes in the leaf but the holes were larger when I first put them in. Normally I would cut it instead of having the plant use resources trying to repair it but being completely new to the species I decided to see what happens. One of the buces doesn't seem to be adjusting well. No characteristic white spots and root growth appears weaker than the other three.

34 neons created 10ppm of nitrate in 8 days? Also while they appeared more albino coloured they seem to show a different colouration in certain areas/height/depths in the tank. From a distance they look white, at the top of the tank more red in tail and at the lower parts silver.

PQ5ftRo.jpg

6mhWNaN.jpg

I think the pics are fine though the blurriness in the middle is puzzling.
The contrast of the plants near the AR mini is striking.
I have not owned buces so can't really comment on what to do with the damaged leaves.
The plants (consumption) need to be factored into the nitrate/ammonia levels.

Yup with the spray bar on it was tearing plants out of the substrate. I think not having filtration for close to a month didn't help the situation.

Thanks does the filter fit in the juwel cabinet?

Great looking scape btw. I think I'm going to re scape mine too. It's too far gone now. I got lazy haha.

This should fill in nicely. Love the Buces but shame about the holes.

I think the pics are fine though the blurriness in the middle is puzzling.
The contrast of the plants near the AR mini is striking.
I have not owned buces so can't really comment on what to do with the damaged leaves.
The plants (consumption) need to be factored into the nitrate/ammonia levels.

Thanks fresh.

Behind the row of AR and mini Hygro I have lagenandra, cypt wendtii and spec legroi mainly for the contrast and plan to offset the fact that they grow slowly and use less nutrients by having propagating the hygro pinnatifida.

As for the buces my understand was to always cut damage a damage leaf because the plant will waste resources but it seems to be repairing itself. The lfs has more exotically named buces at equally exotic prices but I'll hold off for now.

Thanks does the filter fit in the juwel cabinet?

Great looking scape btw. I think I'm going to re scape mine too. It's too far gone now. I got lazy haha.

This should fill in nicely. Love the Buces but shame about the holes.

Hey Caliban

I'm really hoping it fills out too.

I really like your scape as it is but also eager to see what you do with it. The pro 3 doesn't fit in the cabinet door but does in the middle. I had to cut two circular holes with a power drill in the back panel for the tubing and it looks just as neat. The complexities of juwel huh lol

I'd rather modify the cabinet than stick with that built in filter they attach to the glass with that pro grade sealant. I remember it took me a while to remove.

Thanks fresh.

Behind the row of AR and mini Hygro I have lagenandra, cypt wendtii and spec legroi mainly for the contrast and plan to offset the fact that they grow slowly and use less nutrients by having propagating the hygro pinnatifida.

As for the buces my understand was to always cut damage a damage leaf because the plant will waste resources but it seems to be repairing itself. The lfs has more exotically named buces at equally exotic prices but I'll hold off for now.

Hey Caliban

I'm really hoping it fills out too.

I really like your scape as it is but also eager to see what you do with it. The pro 3 doesn't fit in the cabinet door but does in the middle. I had to cut two circular holes with a power drill in the back panel for the tubing and it looks just as neat. The complexities of juwel huh lol

I'd rather modify the cabinet than stick with that built in filter they attach to the glass with that pro grade sealant. I remember it took me a while to remove.

Hey thrills how's progress?

I went with the JBL e1501 canister. It's as snug as a bug in a rug and puts out a similar flow rate. Very happy with it.

Did the Buces come good?

Back
Top Bottom