Thumper828 75 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey man! Looking ripe!!! Dhg looks really great out front there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Compared to the prior pic, there is quite a bit of growth in there. Everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks amazing bro! My rotala doesn't look that pink;) carpet is tight.. you're doing it right!!

I'd say so. . Like the light??

Yeah man,..I really dig it. I really like the timer that ramps from moonlight to daylight then back again. Plus you can lower the intensity...They did a good job on it. I still have the sat+ in between them with just the red and blue on....

Wow looking good! You got some serious lighting power on that tank.

Thanks B..I tell ya,...having pressurized co2 really opens up a whole other world to planted aquaria..It is a shame it costs what it does. I know that really hinders a lot of people. But in the end it really is worth it.......

Thanks B..I tell ya,...having pressurized co2 really opens up a whole other world to planted aquaria..It is a shame it costs what it does. I know that really hinders a lot of people. But in the end it really is worth it.......

My plants have been growing like crazy since adding the co2, i re did the setup last week and never switched back the timer, it's was wide wide open for 6 days!!! Non stop at 4 bps, I'm very lucky no one died, didn't even see the signs associated to gassing a fish..

Wow Brookster, I bet the plants enjoyed that. I'm guessing that circulation was pretty decent for the fish's sake.
Thumper - I really like the after pic. Less "busy". Very colorful mix of plants in there.

Thanks Fresh...its like the ole' sayin'...less is more. I'm trying to keep things grouped better. most of the plants only been in there a week....I keep the co2 kickin..to many bubbles to count..the Dc is real yellow at th end of the lighting period...im like brookster though..I haven't seen any signs of fish or shrimp distress..I am thinkin' of opening it on up a touch.....then again I think best to leave well enough alone...

Grouping is good. I started with a variety of plants and kept the ones that looked good together (right amount of leaf and color contrast).
I think I found a sweet spot with my setup so I am NOT changing anything. However, the opportunity of adding some more challenging plants (UG, Blyxa) is presenting itself...I think I'm up for it.

Back
Top Bottom