Tieing to driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am trying to figure out the best way to tie java fern and moss to driftwood. My problem is that my tank is full and its hard to tie things underwater. any tips on how to do this?

From what I've read from others ...it's best to tie them to DW or rocks with regular cotton string by their roots. Over time, the thread wears away but the roots will adhere to the DW / rock. Removing the DW / Rock and tying the plants outside of the tank should be easiest.

cant remove the driftwood from the tank. so maybe ill just tie it to it with fishing line. its just so difficult to do under water, or I may just wait till I change my tank to RO/DI water because ill change about 80% of the water over.

super glue gel works under water... i think. never tried it, but I've seen sw guys recommend it for applications that have to be done in tank

i tied my anubais to driftwood with cotton. it was not that easy in the tank but with a little patience i got it attached. does anyone know how long it takes the rhizomes to take hold?

defiance said:
i tied my anubais to driftwood with cotton. it was not that easy in the tank but with a little patience i got it attached. does anyone know how long it takes the rhizomes to take hold?

I think it might take a few weeks or months perhaps

jetajockey said:
Pretty much anywhere. Walmart, hardware stores, etc, it's just called superglue gel rather than the regular superglue. It's thicker so it works great.

& I just place it on the roots?

jetajockey said:
I just dab a little on the spot where you want to affix the plant to and then stick the plant to it, it only takes a little bit to hold it in place.

& it can be done underwater?

Back
Top Bottom