Time for a trim...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
So the Christmas moss is growing nicely on branches of the dw, but something doesn't look right to me. I think it needs a touch up and I could use some advice on trimming. Should I cut it some of it short? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473018745.035459.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473018779.471460.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are u sure it's Christmas moss? Mine tends to clump abit more than that. I'd say cut it back fairly close and it should spread abit more sideways :) nice looking tank!

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Thanks, and no. I had Java moss at one point but thought I got it all out before I realized that is nearly impossible. I introduced Christmas moss and just assumed. It does look really nice when it's not so spread out. Could be a mixture of both maybe? This is what it looks like when it first starts. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473089341.773915.jpg

Thanks, and no. I had Java moss at one point but thought I got it all out before I realized that is nearly impossible. I introduced Christmas moss and just assumed. It does look really nice when it's not so spread out. Could be a mixture of both maybe? This is what it looks like when it first starts. View attachment 289133

Ah yes that is Christmas :) I've trimmed mine twice now u can be pretty aggressive with it and it always springs back. As it gets thicker though u tend to get dead spots in the thick areas as it blocks the light from the under growth. I combed mine with a tooth brush the other day and pulled heaps of it out that started to go brown. It thickens up really nice once it's been trimmed. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473095585.761936.jpg

Wow I love that look! I'll try trimming mine tonight. Thanks!

No worrys at all. I do have high light and pressurised co2 aswell though so my growth speed may be abit faster but it should boof out over time

Back
Top Bottom