Time for ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
I moved this Anubias from a lower light biorb into my main tank with the Finnex Planted+. A new leaf opened and looked a tad yellow. But now I think some of the older leaves are yellowing too? But I'm not positive I could just be paranoid. This is a pic today.
IMG_7618.jpg
No Co2 in the tank and the only ferts are the root tabs buried and what the critters provide. Is it time to start adding a little plant fertilizer?
Here is a full tank shot from last Saturday. IMG_7519.jpg

You said you moved anubias. Obviously going to a higher par. Many anubias appreciate a little shade. Has its environment changed drastically?

Certainly some macro/micro wont hurt. Material may be to a size that it needs more macros than the fauna can provide. And more micros than wc can provide.

I moved this Anubias from a lower light biorb into my main tank with the Finnex Planted+. A new leaf opened and looked a tad yellow. But now I think some of the older leaves are yellowing too? But I'm not positive I could just be paranoid. This is a pic today.
View attachment 295429
No Co2 in the tank and the only ferts are the root tabs buried and what the critters provide. Is it time to start adding a little plant fertilizer?
Here is a full tank shot from last Saturday. View attachment 295430

Those 2 holes tell me it's a macro deficiency. Most likely K? You could dose a small amount of k2so4 and see if it improves. If everything else like nitrates around between 5-10 then it's most likely K. Apparently it's the first deficiency most people see.

Oh...lol. Ya maybe. I thought they just some spots lol. Yes some K then. Galaxy 6s only lol

The Anubias didn't seem to improve with the potassium so it has been moved back to my Biorb. I will keep dosing a bit hoping it recovers it's color. IMG_7746.jpg

What is you water hardness? Do you know the calcium/magnesium content? Being Anubias it wouldn't have much access to the root tabs?

I'd look at calcium, magnesium and iron. Failing that you could drop some excel in just to rule out a carbon related deficiency. I'd say you don't have a nitrogen or phosphate deficiency.

Oh now there is a big swing. The Anubias had previously been in the Biorb that is tap water treated with prime. Not rock hard but definitely mineral rich 7 ph out of the tap.

My main tank is where I use the RO/DI water with the added Seachem Equalibrium. I have the coral/argonite in the canister so the ph stays between 7.4-7.8.

And the Anubias had sent roots into the biorb substrate it was on a lower rock. When i moved it I put it on a taller rock.
I put it back on a lower rock.
I think it will recover back in the orb.

Ive had some that seem to just not like being moved.

I think this is the issue. It is still looking like a pouty child. Not yellowing any more but still not perky. But I'm just going to let it sit for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom