Tiny insects?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

litebrite8765

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anybody know what these could be and if they are harmful?? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409004237.235827.jpg the little light brown specks, they seem to be able to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

so far, I can't really tell. Do you have access to a microscope? You could take a picture, and share it with the rest of us.

No idea. When did you first see them? After introducing something new? Do the fish eat them?

I would spray de chlorinated water onto the side so they fall in and maybe get eaten.

They are very tiny and seem to crawl on the wall near the edge of the water. There is also a cluster on some algae near my filter. I have not introduced anything new for 3+ months, and I just saw them yesterday.

they're on the inside of the tank right? just push em in the tank and the fish will eat them? try and get an up close pic i guess

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They are still here after a week. Just did another water change. I'll try to get a better pic

Really too tiny to tell effectively. However, from experience, they could be a different species of detrius worms. Mine looked similar. Usually infests tanks with irregular water changes or with a new setup at times. However fish will gobble them up.

These come up in my RCS tank ALL THE TIME if I don't do water changes. They are eliminated with weekly water changes

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Early stage planaria infestation? Look around for some flat worms moving around the glass.

They aren't worms. They are little light brown bugs and my water changes are always on sched 50% each week.

Back
Top Bottom