Tips for PPS Pro...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From when I ordered my system from GLA I saw where the main difference between the choice and the next level up was the needle valve. The choice has a 12 turns from full closed to full open and the premium's is 20 turns. I was told by several experienced CO2 users that the needle valve was the best part to spend extra money on. They were right. My system stays dead on each daily cycle as far as bubble count. I'm glad I went with the GLA system now, but MAN it was hard to spend that much for a CO2 set up. lol OS.

Man I hear ya on that..I guess that's why I keep putting it off but I know I got to have it to achieve the results I want...but just as soon as I do that I know I will wanna drop some more $$$ on more light...lol..

Thumper, it does end though.
Once you finally get the killer light and CO2 set up, there's not much else left that's expensive. Well...... Unless you want a new 125g set up for the next room. LOL.

That's what I am thinkin...I got to give up on the bigger tank dream and focus on the one I got....although a 75 might not be to far out the equation......maybe...or not..

Save your Excel bottle. When it comes time to use the Metricide 14 you can add 250 mL of that plus 250 mL of distilled water to the old excel bottle and use it as if you were using Excel.
I started using PPS pro and few weeks ago.
I have not bitten the (pressurized) bullet yet because DIY CO2 has been working okay for my 20g.

Save your Excel bottle. When it comes time to use the Metricide 14 you can add 250 mL of that plus 250 mL of distilled water to the old excel bottle and use it as if you were using Excel.
I started using PPS pro and few weeks ago.
I have not bitten the (pressurized) bullet yet because DIY CO2 has been working okay for my 20g.

Have you seen much improvement since going to PPS Pro? Mine should be here tomorrow....
Will do on the Excel..I was thinking about not diluting and just use half of my regular dose...

Have you seen much improvement since going to PPS Pro? Mine should be here tomorrow....
Will do on the Excel..I was thinking about not diluting and just use half of my regular dose...

That's what I do. I don't see the point in diluting it.

Hard to say about improvement because most of the plants were uprooted and/or trimmed prior to starting PPS Pro so there is the usual regrowth and die off occurring. The only plants that were somewhat stable during this was the Staurogynes repens. The last week or two I noticed that some of the lower leaves started to take on a "tea stain" hue to them. Not sure this was coincidental or not. I did up the daily dose of glut from basically zero to 8-10 mL (for a 20g tank). Perhaps I should have eased into it.

I dilute the Glutaraldehyde because psychologically it feels as if I now have two gallons of excel and won't get miserly when it comes to using it. The excel bottle is convenient because of its size (500 mL) and opacity. I've added some airline tubing to the dosing syringe to reach the lower half of the excel bottle.

You are fixed up now my man! Congratulations. You'll be able to balance your nutrients much more precisely now. Keep us informed on how well it goes. OS.

Back
Top Bottom