tms bad for plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally prefer gravel because it allows fish waste to make it to the plant roots. However, with sand the waste just sits on top of the sand and offers no nutrients to root feeders. I would agree that if you are going to have sand, MTS are going to be a must for any sand tanks.

Just left petsmart and they didn't have any:/ all they had were mystery snails.

I get MTS for free from Petsmart/Co rather frequently. They are a pest snail to them. Maybe try calling around to other stores and see what kind of pest snail they have that they will give for free.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I get MTS for free from Petsmart/Co rather frequently. They are a pest snail to them. Maybe try calling around to other stores and see what kind of pest snail they have that they will give for free.

You're gonna have to send me some if you get em for free! But if petsmart don't have any then I doubt petco will. And the other local store will probably have the same stock of snails.

Trust me they have them just gotta point them out to the employees cause they do deny having a outbreak of them try their planted tanks you'll see them in there too.

Discusapisto said:
Trust me they have them just gotta point them out to the employees cause they do deny having a outbreak of them try their planted tanks you'll see them in there too.

I look hard in all their tanks especially their snail ones and couldn't find any that looked like em. Also my sand bed is only like an inch deep, I'm told It's not that serious.

fishdud said:
I look hard in all their tanks especially their snail ones and couldn't find any that looked like em. Also my sand bed is only like an inch deep, I'm told It's not that serious.

Yeah 1 inch I wouldn't worry much than just get some corys or loaches they will keep 1 inch stirred up for ya.

Discusapisto said:
Yeah 1 inch I wouldn't worry much than just get some corys or loaches they will keep 1 inch stirred up for ya.

If I could post pics I could but my tank is sooooooooo cloudy. I've decided to get some corys next time. No dinero Dx

Well, different stores will have different pest snails. It mostly comes in from the plants. But, anyway, it sounds like you won't really need them. They are neat little things though. My loaches love them.

most stores will give them away for free. these are mom and pop stores. like i said before big box stores "have them" but will deny having them until you point it out to them. if you go to a mom and pop store (if they are a good one) will most likely give you a bunch for little to no money trying to get free stuff from big box stores at least for me is like trying to give a cat a bath. a pain in the ***.. even if they have them they will tell you that they cant sell them because they don't have a price for it...

Bschowa said:
most stores will give them away for free. these are mom and pop stores. like i said before big box stores "have them" but will deny having them until you point it out to them. if you go to a mom and pop store (if they are a good one) will most likely give you a bunch for little to no money trying to get free stuff from big box stores at least for me is like trying to give a cat a bath. a pain in the ***.. even if they have them they will tell you that they cant sell them because they don't have a price for it...

I checked petco, they didn't have any. I'll have to check the other store tomorrow. I may not need em but they make a good cuc, so I've heard.

I checked petco, they didn't have any. I'll have to check the other store tomorrow. I may not need em but they make a good cuc, so I've heard.

Petco and Petsmart are not Mom and Pop Stores, im talking about a store that is local only (the owners of the store only have a few local stores) those are the stores you want to go to. their prices on fish may be higher but the quality of the fish are better.

also those stores MIGHT give you the MTS for free so higher fish prices are not an issue in that case

Bschowa said:
Petco and Petsmart are not Mom and Pop Stores, im talking about a store that is local only (the owners of the store only have a few local stores) those are the stores you want to go to. their prices on fish may be higher but the quality of the fish are better.

also those stores MIGHT give you the MTS for free so higher fish prices are not an issue in that case

I know what you meant, I was just sayin neither of em had any but they finally got oto's! Haha but were outta stock. I'll have to check the store tomorrow, you're right tho. Those kinda of stores are expensive cause they carry what others don't have.

Back
Top Bottom