Too much current for plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richpowell1989

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right I have just got loads of new plants ect my question is it ol for the plants to move in the current of my filter I don't mean huge movement jus side to side about 2 inches ? Will it hurt them at all ?

That is correct. Plants can stand more current than you would think. Some people actually place slow growers(anubias nana, etc) in the current to avoid algae growth on the leaves.

i know alot of people and even myself that have added circulation pump to both improve circulation and to make the plants sway. it is a pretty cool thing just watch for errosion and the stirring of to much sediment. as it can un root plants.

Since we are talking about plants....is it harmful to place the heater next to a plant? For example by having the leaves touching the heater may cause burn marks?

I want to move my heater but it's to a location with a lot of plants in the background.

Sensitive plants may die off if they touch the heater but I've had plenty of stems growing near my heater with no issues.

Sensitive plants may die off if they touch the heater but I've had plenty of stems growing near my heater with no issues.

x2

In the tanks that I have in tank heaters, I don't see any problems. On my high-tech 75g planted tank I have a Hydor inline heater, and I love it! That requires running a canister though.

Back
Top Bottom