Too much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS Chris

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I've been trying some ideas to get my plants to flourish better. I'm using leaf zone, flourish excel and flourish comp. it is helping but the plants still seem very dull and wilting. Is it possible I'm using too much light? I have attached pics below of the light set up. The substrate is Eco complete. I'm not using any of the root fertilizers. That was my next idea. Thanks!

image-4207542447.jpg

image-1258606108.jpg

image-2131620080.jpg

image-4280577474.jpg

I would say it's lack of Co2. I know you're dosing excel, but in the end, nothing is as good as actual Co2. But excel works.
What size is your tank?

When using liquid carbon the issue is the directions on the bottle which are generic and they do not work for all types of set ups. In tanks with good light, which you have for a 10g, and when using a good fert regime plants actually need and use more liquid carbon. I get outstanding growth and color using only liquid carbon with high light in my 220g 100% planted tank. If your using the standard 1ml to every 10g dose try upping your dose to 1ml per 5 gallons daily. Also be sure all your stem plants have each stem individually planted so light and water circulation penetrates to the lower stem. Plant them in groups with each stems leaves almost touching the leaves of the stems around them. Then as they grow, trim off the top 4 or so inches and replant them the same way to make your same plant groupings larger which will make a bolder statement in your tank.

Does the trimming refer to all types of plants, I have a lot of stems off of two plants so I would just trim and plant? Do I need to get some roots or just plant the stem?

Back
Top Bottom