too much touching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daymine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my tank up and planted for about a month but Ive already rescaped it twice. is there a limit to how much I should be moving the plants around? don't want to stress them out or anything.
I have ludwigia repens, amazon sword, micro sword, water lilys, and anubias nana

I am no expert but I think leaving plants in one place is better for them. Now I am not saying it will kill them to move them, it might just temporarily 'stunt' their growth.

I agree. You want the plants to have a chance to live so let them root.

Some plants are sensitive to being moved around. The ones you listed I would not put on that list. IT would have very little affect even if you moved them every day, so long as the water parameters and lighting are remaining pretty consistent.

Anything that relies on its root system shouldn't be disturbed excessively.

On your list, I would say the Amazon sword and microsword should be left alone as much as feasible, and the, anubias, and lily can be moved much more freely.

It is pretty tough to stunt or kill microsword... you could wad it into a ball and throw it against the wall a few times and it would still keep growing if the conditions are right in the tank.

larger swords, yeah, maybe every day wouldn't be a good idea... but they are tough plants, and could handle being rescaped several times a month.

Back
Top Bottom