Top 20 (or so) Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting enough supplies to support HC, so no worries about it not being able to support high demand plants. So now I am compiling a list of the best first 20 or so plants to put in my tanks. The only things I have on the list is HC, Anubias Coffefolia and Nana, Marsilea (Submersible Four-Leaf Clover), and some crypts. You can help me narrow down what crypts are cool. Just suggest plants, I will accept or deny if I like them or not. I would request that we keep the list at having no more than 30 plants.

I would also appreciate if you give what level of difficulty (In your experience) each plant you suggested, but I won't make you tell me how hard it is to keep. Thanks!

P.S. Thank you so much to all who gave me some ideas in the chat room, I am just gathering more opinions.

My favorite plants are "frilly" ones. I suggest, rotala bangeldesh, Ambulia, ludwigia Rubin, cabomba, and rotala wallichi. Hope I spelled those right! Lol

Austin.b said:
My favorite plants are "frilly" ones. I suggest, rotala bangeldesh, Ambulia, ludwigia Rubin, cabomba, and rotala wallichi. Hope I spelled those right! Lol

I look into it. I found some silver green cabomba, that looks pretty cool.

I'm still open to suggestions!

Top 20 plants? Isn't that like listing the top 20 people? Sure, some might excel at one purpose, but you can't really make a list of plants from best to worst.

Without knowing anything about the tank (CO2, light, ferts, size, substrate, water conditions, etc), it's difficult to make any sort of meaningful recommendations.

You need to decide what your going for. Some things I would go for are most popular and most moneymaking. Either way, it would take forever to compile a list and you'd have to interview hundreds of people.

Top 20 plants? Isn't that like listing the top 20 people? Sure, some might excel at one purpose, but you can't really make a list of plants from best to worst.

Without knowing anything about the tank (CO2, light, ferts, size, substrate, water conditions, etc), it's difficult to make any sort of meaningful recommendations.
Ok, I'll help some people out a bit. I have a 2.5 gallon, it's gonna have DIY CO2, black gravel, a desk lamp with a 13w 6,500k bulb, Flourish, and maybe some root tabs. I also have a ten gallon RCS tank that will have high lighting, Flourish, no CO2, maybe Excel if needed, and maybe some root tabs. I have a 55 gallon with 2 T5 NO bulbs in it, so I have medium lighting there. I don't dose anything in there because that tank has no plants in it. Does that help a smidgen?

You need to decide what your going for. Some things I would go for are most popular and most moneymaking. Either way, it would take forever to compile a list and you'd have to interview hundreds of people.
Well, is there any plants that are both (Moneymaking AND popular)? I suppose moneymaking would be the second priority. Most popular I'll get a bit later, I suppose.

Never mind. I am not going to sell stuff. I'm posting a new thread on some rare stuff that I should get. If I grow a lot of it, I'll sell the extra.

Back
Top Bottom