Trimming Anacharis questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Limpet

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of my Anacharis has grown like mad since I put in my 6700K bulb. But it's growing straight up rather than the offshoots I could cut off before. I'm wondering what's the best way to harvest it? If I just top it and replant the tops, will the bottom part still grow?

TIA

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium

That's wha I figured, but as some have shot up from 6" to 20" since I got the new bulb (in 10 days), some have been dying off. It'll be part of my rescaping plan and I don't want to cut it, then have to dig up the cuttings.

McLumpy said:
It sounds like your new fixture is working out great! Almost too great, huh? ;)

Nope, that growth was with my 17w zoo med 6700K. But I just got the kit in this evening and will be in DIY mode tomorrow. Build thread to follow.

With this new 55w, 6700K light, I may have to get my chain saw out ;).

Nope, that growth was with my 17w zoo med 6700K. But I just got the kit in this evening and will be in DIY mode tomorrow. Build thread to follow.

With this new 55w, 6700K light, I may have to get my chain saw out ;).

Oh, I see. Yeah, you better get the chainsaw!! Oh and feel free to bag up and ship a few clumps to me. :D

Speaking of which, I'm working on my plant list and looking for an online source. Do you have any recommendations?

McLumpy said:
Oh, I see. Yeah, you better get the chainsaw!! Oh and feel free to bag up and ship a few clumps to me. :D

Speaking of which, I'm working on my plant list and looking for an online source. Do you have any recommendations?

I'm thinking my spare 20g may become a grow/harvest tank :D.

The light kit is the first thing (aqurium wise) that I've ordered on-line. So far, good local shops have what I want but that may change quickly.

Cole's mom maybe? Or fort? Please let me know if you find a good one!

Could be a good thread to start, I'll follow for sure.

Back
Top Bottom