Trimming water sprite and wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have both and I need to know how to control them, especially the wisteria. It isn't huge yet but it is getting to a point where I need to consider cropping it. I also think having both in both tanks is a mistake and will be changed soon especially 10 gallon tanks.

Wisteria, will it grow more compact if trimmed? The stems seems to rot when i cut them, is this normal? The plant also like to send out lots of roots on the stems, is it best to cut them below the roots and replants or will trimming give a compact, bushy appearance, if that is possible with wisteria.

Water Sprite, it has finally started to grow planted and I now will have to trim it. Any suggestions on trimming it instead of uprooting it? I really weant to leave it because I want a really thick section in but this stuff has the weirdest growing pattern I have ever seen. It has only started to grow now that I think it has finally gotten a good root base going.

With both plants, I just want to see a bushy corner of the tank where it can provide a thick lush area for fry to hide and be fed. Is it possible to do this with these plants?

In my 29G, my Wisteria not only has grown up, but out, lol. And it stays low to the ground as it spreads. If you top it, I believe it will spread out more. As for the Water Sprite, no matter how much I top it, it still grows up and usually end up with a shady open root area. My Wisteria now would be great for fry. In fact, I may just move my fry to the 29G tomorrow, it's looking great after the blackout.

Back
Top Bottom