TrueLumen led dor growing plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As anyone had any luck or experience in using the true lumen led lighting strips to help grow plants? I am thinking about getting a magenta and a white strip to use to grow plants I was told they would work but i just wanted to check on here to see if anyone had experience with this.

I think Fort was using those on his 12L. I would link you his thread, but alas, I am on a phone.

Picked up 2 of the 12,000k white lights and I could almost instantly see a difference in the plants they seemed to lean towards the light.

Aren't they expensive compared to say Marineland led fixtures? I've considered them before but thought they were pricey.

They are expensive compared to the marineland LEDs, but they are far more powerful. I have a 36" one on my 12L, and it is growing HC so compact that I don't think any of it is more than 1/4" above the substrate...

Would they work for nite time or are they too bright then?

You mean like moon lights? They are not dimmable... waaaaaay to bright for moon lights :)

You can get little .3W led's that would be suitable for moonlights.

Saw those too just thought the strip would be better. No biggie, thanx.

Back
Top Bottom