Trying Iwagumi style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RobbyDoom said:
I'm quite happy with the stone placement as of now, but as I add more flora, my mind may change.
The camera angle gives the appearance that the stones are the same size, but they are all different sizes and shapes. This new photo may show it a bit better. Not to mention with the addition of flora, the appearance of stones themselves will change.

So true. Some of my stones get almost completely covered from view once the plants fill in. They just end up peeking out of the undergrowth. When will you've planting?

Yes I have this problem in my twelve. Several of the smaller stones disappear from view without constant trimming.

If you are happy with it, that is what's most important :)

I think that's one of the beauties of aquascaping; when nature takes over and creates its own world/textures.
Flora, with just the hint of stone is a beautiful thing. It represents a closeness and the ability to live in harmony. Reflecting nature is harmony within itself. With Iwagumi I like that you can replicate stone emerging from the slopes of a mountain or a glen and then allowing nature to take the next step to show you a vision you didn't see before the build.

Back
Top Bottom