Trying to plan low tech planting project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crustyshellback

Aquarium Advice Regular
55 gal long
6 Angels
3 Dennison barbs
4 Bosemanni rainbows
6 Bronze cories
4 Siamese algae eaters

I plan to loose the undergravel filter, all of the fake plants and décor, and the white gravel. I was also thinking of using Eco-complete substrate and having a large manzanita branch in the middle with some natural stones scattered around. I'd like to have some tall grasslike plants along the sides for the angels to play in. My lighting is the minimal LED lights that came with the Marineland hoods. I've already planted my 20 gal tall with some success, and I'm looking forward to a bigger project. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20160312_100134.jpg
    20160312_100134.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 142
Check out this thread

Low Tech Tank Show-and-Tell
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99729

Also, my tank isn't low tech, as I supply pressurized CO2, but I have easy, lush plants, that can be grown in low light. Maybe this can give you some ideas. I think non-stem plants look better in low tech. Anubias, Crypts, Bucephaldra, and Echinodorus are good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your driftwood is awesome. What is it? Where did you get it?

It is red spider wood. I got it from a fish store. I've seen spider wood at Petsmart before on one occasion. It's common on the internet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom