Two questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

1) Will my planted 55g be okay for three days without a filter on it?

2) Without a heater on it? I live in So Cal so the tank temp stays within a couple degrees of 76 without a heater.

Either way, I'll let you know how it goes, I sold them both today and I won't be able to sell the tank until Friday. Hopefully it works out...

yeah it should be ok, the only thingi would worry baout would be the heater situation, but you may get luky and it will stay consistent, not sure about how the plants would do though

DeFeKt said:
dunno what F is in C, but I don't use a heater at all in summer.

I usually set my tank to 79 degrees, so pretty close.

FWIW I run my fish room at 74F all winter and 80F all summer. Never had any issues other than a bit slower growing fry in the winter months. I am a firm believer that any sub-tropical water temp with very little day/night variance is more important than hitting the magic 78-80 degree mark.

I should think it would be ok for a few days, no fish in it right?

However I, personally, wouldnt risk it with fish, they are very sensitive to changes.

Short answer. NO. I know you were posting that you just got some plants last week, they aren't well enough established to consume the waste, so consider them good for about 5Gal filtration..

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
Short answer. NO. I know you were posting that you just got some plants last week, they aren't well enough established to consume the waste, so consider them good for about 5Gal filtration..

Thats a pretty unequivocal answer considering its wrong. I have about 20+ fish, some of them pretty fragile, and 2.5 days in everyone looks really healthy.

Tony Starks said:
Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:

Thats a pretty unequivocal answer considering its wrong. I have about 20+ fish, some of them pretty fragile, and 2.5 days in everyone looks really healthy.

Why bother asking members for there opinions and then dismiss them without posting some facts other than "You're wrong"?

Tony, I strongly suggest you back away from asking for help and then shooting down those whom try out of their own goodness to help.

You will find yourself a very lonly person rather quickly that way.

Jchillin said:
Tony Starks said:
Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:

Why bother asking members for there opinions and then dismiss them without posting some facts other than "You're wrong"?

He's wrong because he was - all the fish lived and were healthy. I wasn't asking for off the cuff opinions, I was looking for some personal insight or actual research. And fishfreek, I really doubt I'll become a lonely person because of these boards - how are they tied into my friends or social life at all?!?

If you start pointing out where someones advice is 'wrong' as you put it your going to find alot of people digging up times when you where wrong. Now if you claim to never be wrong than you clearly you are already wrong as no one is ever always right.

What I am implying is not your personal life but quite frankly if I know someone is just going to go off and do what ever the heck they want regarless of what I have to say I will flat out just stop responding to their questions. Others here will eventaully do the same.

Here's research in case you missed it and I will walk away from this:

Question:

TonyStarks on Feb 8 said:
1) Will my planted 55g be okay for three days without a filter on it?

Answer:

Wizzard~of~Ozz on Feb 9 said:
I know you were posting that you just got some plants last week, they aren't well enough established to consume the waste, so consider them good for about 5Gal filtration..

Today is Friday, Feb. 10, 2006.

You post you have nothing filtering your water. This response is in no way "off the cuff", it's a fact. Your fish lived through it? Wonderful.

Tony,

Why on earth did you setup a 55gal FW tank, stock it with plants, only to turn around and sell it?

And if you're selling it, why don't you get rid of the fish and tear it down, so if someone actually buys it, they could pick it up and take it home?

I honestly wonder if anything you do is real, or if every post you make is purely hypothetical, and this is all just a game for your amusement.

I'm locking this thread. In my eyes, the question has been answered, so no further discussion need transpire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom