Two questions about planted tanks and gadgets for them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm building my DIY CO2 reactor this weekend (if I have time) and I have a question about the actual injector part. I know I fill up the pop bottle with my sugar/yeast/tank water concoction, run an airline from the bottle to the tank, but I'm I'm not sure what to do then. Do I put the airline directly into the tank and let the co2 diffuse into the tank that way? Do I put a bubblewand or airstone at the end? Do I run it into the return from the filter someway? Are there other ways to do this?

Also, I've seen plant tabs for aquariums that cost somewhere in the area of $8-10. I've also seen fertilizer spikes that sell in the lawn and garden section of most stores for a lot less than that. Will these spikes for terrestrial gardens work on aquatic plants too? or will they hurt my fish?

You run it through and airstone. If you have an Aqua Clear filter you can run it directly into the filter in take. Works well but it is a little noisy. If you search through DIY forum you will find various kinds of diffusers.

You can not use the tabs from the garden center. You will need the aquarium ones or you can make your own.

Back
Top Bottom