Two weeks with new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baobeiiiiiiii

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is just a side by side pic, two weeks ago i put some plants in. Going ok?

Only change I made is, 4 days ago I added an extra t5 bulb, so there are now 3 24w T5HO bulbs.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 120
I think the side by side picture says it all looks like there growing well an are healthy i like the layout of ur tank too

This is just a side by side pic, two weeks ago i put some plants in. Going ok?

Only change I made is, 4 days ago I added an extra t5 bulb, so there are now 3 24w T5HO bulbs.

Your tanks look awesome. Really nice aquascaping going here. :D
How big are the tanks? I see that you have dwarf hairgrass in there? What other types of plants do you have?

Some more pics (better camera and a few days later). As for the questions, there are cardinal tetras, some siamese algae eaters, and a few different kinds of shrimp. Together they really do a great job of getting rid of all the algae, only had to give the glass a slight clean once. The plants i'm not 100% sure what they are, left and right side is most likely eleocharis belem, whilst in the center 'glosso'. Some kind of dwarf hair grass at the very back at both sides, but I'm no expert on plant species. I'm quite happy that the rocks are darkening...they used to be a simple grey color, but are slowly turning more and more dark (for some reason).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 76
Think one of those shrimp in the photos is an amano. Plants on the sides/back haven't spread much yet, but i'm sure they will eventually. However the glosso in the middle seems to be. Hopefully it'll be entirely carpeted soon so no soil visible.

Here's a short youtube vid, it's out of focus half the time, apologies. It does show how the siamese alage eaters clean every strand of grass (if you see the vid at 1080p) from algae though, also you can catch a glimpse of what I think is a filter feeding bamboo shrimp, and two (red cherry shrimp? bottom left at around 55 seconds in). The bamboo shrimp likes to sit atop of the bigggest rock and face the current from the filter outlet:

youtube vid

More still photos:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 74
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 87
Tank looks amazing! And I love that you used glosso as the "river". In really excited to watch it all mature and fill in

I love everything bout this tank from the fish an shrimp to the layout an plant choice its a really clean solid tank!!!

Tank looks amazing! And I love that you used glosso as the "river". In really excited to watch it all mature and fill in

Thanks, i'll post more pics in around a week or two. Having regular pics also lets me see how/if the plants are spreading. Also haven't had a single fish/shrimp die (except a few on the first night in the tank, I guess the first night is the 'test'). Ammonia levels are zero, i think there's a good biological filter in place as I had the filter running for weeks with just two fish in there before I re-aquascaped and planted the tank.)

I have a Q, not important enough to start a new thread. Anyone know what that fluval glass outlet, intake is that I see in many of the tanks posted on this forum? I've seen it make like a vortex on the surface. I prefer it to the eheim large in/out connections, but due to money constraints i'd only get it if i could somehow connect it to the eheim's pump/canister.

Thanks, i'll post more pics in around a week or two. Having regular pics also lets me see how/if the plants are spreading. Also haven't had a single fish/shrimp die (except a few on the first night in the tank, I guess the first night is the 'test'). Ammonia levels are zero, i think there's a good biological filter in place as I had the filter running for weeks with just two fish in there before I re-aquascaped and planted the tank.)

I have a Q, not important enough to start a new thread. Anyone know what that fluval glass outlet, intake is that I see in many of the tanks posted on this forum? I've seen it make like a vortex on the surface. I prefer it to the eheim large in/out connections, but due to money constraints i'd only get it if i could somehow connect it to the eheim's pump/canister.

Those glass filter intakes and outlets are universal to hose sizes. I just got a set in from china to go on my fluval flora with a eheim 2213. Took about 3 weeks to get here but the were less than $30, if you want them faster GLA just got in their cal aqua short glassware in but they're $80.

Attachments

• image-960130418.jpg
    image-960130418.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 50
  • image-572591419.jpg
    image-572591419.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 57
I'm in china, so 'should' be easy to find.

I did a search on the biggest shopping site here for fluval but it only showed filters, does this:

8442302996_d0694ac12e_z.jpg

have a specific brand/product name i can search for?

If you can tell us what filter you have I know the hose dimensions. If you have a 106 or 206 you need glass filter pipes that are 13mm, if you have a 306 or 406 you need 17mm

Back
Top Bottom