Types of wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering if I can use a branch from my garden tree and put it in my tank. I will of course strip the bark off and boil it. I don't know the name of the tree but I will find out. I plan on growing some moss on the ends. Is there only certain types of wood that can be used???. I can only get 'regular' driftwood in my LFS, which is not the look I want....
I can post the name and some picture tomorrow............

I wouldn't suggest it. If you're looking for branched style driftwood, check out manzanitadriftwood.com. You can also find them on eBay by searching for manzanita driftwood.

In my experience, I only get my driftwoods from our garden, just be sure the wood is dead and dry but still hard and not decaying..

In my experience, I only get my driftwoods from our garden, just be sure the wood is dead and dry but still hard and not decaying..

That was going to be my next suggestion... If it is in fact a hard wood, you'll have to let it sit out and die/dry for some time before trying to add it to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom