Uh oh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
So some family issues made me come back early from my six week dive trip. I flew in last night and will be leaving again on Wednesday to pick up where we left off, so far the diving and trip has been absolutely amazing though.

Howeverrrrr, upon getting home last night I noticed something was wrong when I looked at my tank...my BML was still on at 100% at 10:45 pm. I checked the timer it is on and noticed that instead of being on "Timer" it was switched to just "On" meaning my lights have been on 24/7 for about eight or nine days. I tried blaming my boyfriend but he wasn't allowing that so I have to take responsibility for the stupid mistake.

Either way though, now my tank is COVERED in algae. All kinds of algae, but mostly hair algae over everything. I can't believe what a mess it is. Manual removal would take forever and would leave me with basically nothing in the tank so I'm wondering what the most effective action to take would be. Obviously I did a major water change, cleaned everything I could, but should I attack this by adjusting my lighting and ferts back to normal or should I just try for a 3 day blackout period?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom