Unknown plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barkerno1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a plant that i got free from my lfs but have no clue what it is, nor did they so I hope someone can enlighten me :)

Attachments

• image-3319344616.jpg
    image-3319344616.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 94
Lol that makes me chuckle, that's the plant I wanted and they said they had none, but they thought that was water lettuce, which I was sure that was not it.
So they gave me a few pieces when I told them it wasn't water lettuce by showing them s pic of it.
Silly petco

None of my fish touch it ... save for the occasional nip here and there .. more out of curiosity maybe?

I've read silver dollars are notorious plant eaters.

Ok so the last question, can it be attached to decorations and still grow, or does it have to be put into gravel to do that?

My goldfish eat it like french fries at the local In & Out burger joint lol. It grows fast, soaks up no3 (nitrAtes) and will propagate via off-shoots that can be clipped off and planted (or you can float Anacharis).

For example, would this be a good place where it could grow and flourish?

Attachments

• image-302134959.jpg
    image-302134959.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 73
Ok so the last question, can it be attached to decorations and still grow, or does it have to be put into gravel to do that?

Anacharis is not a root feeder so feel free to attach it to any ornament ... but you'd probably have to tie it down .. I don't know if it would then grow roots to permanently attach.

That would work. Anacharis grows root, just not like a normal rooted plant. They grow nilly willy from the stock and make their way to anything that will help hold them in place.

Mine attach roots to each other, air tubing, and seem to like the intake tube to my AC50 a lot lol.

For example, would this be a good place where it could grow and flourish?

If there is some light and some nitrates, it will grow/flourish just about anywhere. It is a very easy plant to keep alive (although there are cases when it will melt down for no discernible reason).

Back
Top Bottom