Up Aqua CO2 System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abouzainah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

anyone tried or can recommend this system from Up Aqua? i found it really cheap on ebay and was thinking about ordering one.

how much a 95g cylinder last? any thoughts guys :)

Many thanks :D

00up_dm-waterplant03-big.jpg

forgot to mention that my tank is only 20 Liter and not a big one.

I have a similar system (the 74-YA/Ver.2 from ADA) running on 1 of my 5.5 gal tanks. The small canister lasts about 8 weeks using a ceramic/glass diffuser, and keeping the CO2 at ~30ppm. I like the compactness of the system... but the replacement cost of co2 cartridges will add up over the long run. It is a trade off for the space savings...

I have a similar system (the 74-YA/Ver.2 from ADA) running on 1 of my 5.5 gal tanks. The small canister lasts about 8 weeks using a ceramic/glass diffuser, and keeping the CO2 at ~30ppm. I like the compactness of the system... but the replacement cost of co2 cartridges will add up over the long run. It is a trade off for the space savings...

Thanks for the reply, not sure if this system will be as good as ur expensive ADA :p

I built a cheaper system using a 20.oz paintball cylinder, a paintball ASA, A 1200psi gauge and a needle valve. Cost me around 70 bucks. (100 since my needle valve failed). But anyways 20oz should last your about 5-6 months on a small tank and paintball refills are cheap, like 4 bucks.

Why would one have to buy the high-priced disposable CO2 bottes from that company, when most discount stores sell disposable cartridges in the sporting goods dept (for bb guns/air rifles) for a LOT less...?

They aren't? I looked at a box of the "aquarium" version not so long ago - the cartridge is the exact same size/dimentions. Both contain compressed CO2. What's different?

Look closely. They are not the same cartridges as used for air rifles. The 1st giveaway is the air rifle cartridges arent threaded for the correct application. And they arent the same size.....

pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom