update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I still have not bought any new plants for my 29... I am trying to let the wisteria grow in the back to the top just to see how I like it. We are planning on moving and are looking for a bigger place. When we do, I am going to transfer all the plants and setup my 55 gallon. Then this 29 will be hopefully be used for a bearded dragon or one of our other snakes. So I am probably not going to buy any new plants until then. I also got a couple of turqouose rainbowfish, I know they will get too big for the 29, but they were on sale so I went ahead and bought them in anticipation for the 55.

ForumRunner_20120114_210345.jpg

Looks great!!! When you get some more plants in there, it will be even better. Could i get a close up of the rainbow? They sound cool

I cant wait to upgrade to my 55 gallon. I tried to get some pictures of the rainbows last week but they are active! Here is the best I was able to get.

ForumRunner_20120114_225739.jpg

ForumRunner_20120114_225756.jpg

ForumRunner_20120114_225815.jpg

ashleynicole said:
I cant wait to upgrade to my 55 gallon. I tried to get some pictures of the rainbows last week but they are active! Here is the best I was able to get.

Wow those are awesome! How many did you buy?

Gboy66 said:
Wow those are awesome! How many did you buy?

I just got two, they were on sale for 2.99 each (normally 6.99). At petsmart. I dont have room for more until I transfer to the 55, but they seem happy. They actually play together and school with the neon tetras! I wanted some boesemani but they were like $14!

I like how the tank looks now, honestly! Not too over crowded, plus some good color contrast.

Just to point out really quick though.. A bearded dragon wont live long term in a 29 gallon. My female is in a 50 gallon reptile tank.

Talvari said:
Just to point out really quick though.. A bearded dragon wont live long term in a 29 gallon. My female is in a 50 gallon reptile tank.

That's a whole different subject. A bearded dragon who is taken out and given adequate exercise will do just fine in a 29 gallon. You can train them to walk on a leash and take them outside for excercise. Also diet is a big factor on longevity as well.

I am not set on a bearded dragon, I may very well wind up using it for one of my cornsnakes. I was going to use the 55 gallon for a pair of bearded dragons, but unless I find another large tank for cheap, I am looking forward to upgrading.

Thats like saying you can keep a dog in a large crate all its life and its fine as long as you take it for walks.

My bearded is a female, and only about 20 inches long at a year and a half. I let her roam the house for roughly two or three hours nearly every day... She is leash trained and I bring her to the petstore with me, as well as bringing her to the schools i graduated from when i proctor exams. I still wouldnt put her in anything less than a 40.

A 29 gallon tank is roughly 30inches long, 12inches deep and 18 inches high. A typical bearded dragon is about 18-24 inches long... It wouldnt even be able to turn around comfortably in a 29 gallon aquarium. In all the research I have ever done, noone ever recommends anything less than a 40. Alot of people even say that a 55 gallon breeder is the least amount of space youd want.

But I'll drop it now. Like I said... Nice looking tank. I always did love the turquoise rainbowfish.

Once again, ashley, great looking tank. I hope we can stay on topic so that this thread could stay open:)

Back
Top Bottom