Update Pic....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely stunning. If my tank looks half that gorgeous when I'm "finished" with it, it'll be a success!

Again, truly breathtaking! ??

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Very sweet looking tank! Those e series fixtures are awesome..

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Have been tossing the idea around about switching to ei...I have the pps pro mix in 500ml dosing bottles..any tips you might be able to offer ?

Have been tossing the idea around about switching to ei...I have the pps pro mix in 500ml dosing bottles..any tips you might be able to offer ?

I wonder if there is a way to dose EI using the 500 mL bottles (I just made a new batch and I don't want to waste it ?)?

Go Reds!

I use this nutrient calculator Yet Another Nutrient Calculator. You can do quite a bit with it. You could figure the ppm you already have mixed and figure what you need to add to get to the EI ppm target. You got to remember that mines a 75 gallon. I don't mind dosing a solution at all but I have to dose like 30-40ml so I can lower the amount of fert salts to get it to dissolve completely. I think to dose 10ml,.to get my the right ppm for ei,...I would have to add 101+ grams of k2so4 to my 500ml bottle., 50grams is probably around the max you can get to dissolve. On a smaller tank,say 30 gallons or less, you might could get away with dosing in a solution. That's the main reason I dose dry.

I've been fiddling around with the nutrient calculator. How do they come to the recommended ppm values for each fertilizer? Is it a hobby "standard", or through experimentation?

Certainly is a handy tool. Looking forward to playing with some values this week, need to mix up a new batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been fiddling around with the nutrient calculator. How do they come to the recommended ppm values for each fertilizer? Is it a hobby "standard", or through experimentation?

Certainly is a handy tool. Looking forward to playing with some values this week, need to mix up a new batch.

I am pretty sure the target ppm was researched and tested. Its handy to know how much fert to add to get to the ppm you are targeting. As always there is sure to be some tweaking done as every tank has different uptake....

Killer tank...that's what i dream about. Might have to reconsider my dosing strategy all over again...lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am pretty sure the target ppm was researched and tested. Its handy to know how much fert to add to get to the ppm you are targeting. As always there is sure to be some tweaking done as every tank has different uptake....

Well that information makes the tool that much better. I was trying to make sense of the bar chart they have at the bottom of the page. It was a little confusing, but I think I get the main picture. I need to start a journal or something to keep track of this stuff.

I have to say your 75g is the best big planted tank that I've seen in quite awhile..thx for posting the calculator too..

This is fantastic. Such an improvement from when I last saw (2 months ago).

This is absolutely incredible!

Thanks for all the kind words guys/gals...feel free to give me some ideas for the next time I shuffle things around....

Back
Top Bottom