Updated 60 gallon planted angelfish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks great! A huge inspiration to what I would like to do with my 55g. I love the black stones on the bottom.

Thanks Typow07! Wow I just looked at the pics I posted then and am comparing to my tank now- it has grown so much! As well as the fish! And it's only been what about 2 weeks? I also added a nice canopy to my tank and the dwarf sag you see on the ground around that slate cave has grown a lot so that its almost a carpet-like thing...still can't get my HC to make that carpet I want but I have noticed new shoots on it so hopefully it will look good in a couple of weeks. I noticed that if I jack up my C02 injection a bit more than I have been doing it it grows much better. My ludwigia (in the second picture) is almost at water level! Also it's getting much more color as goes for the other plants in my tank. Also the corkscrew vals I had going in the back melted a bit but once I jacked up the C02 I can see lots of new sprouts and leaves coming back so I can't wait for that to really grow tall also. I'll post some more pics later as soon as I can get my new camera! Thanks again and can't wait to see how your tank comes out!

Update- pics

Ok so I decided to post a little preview of what it looks like right now, will post more in detail after Christmas...sorry for the bad quality as I said I am getting a new camera ;) I did trim the ludwigia a bit but its still looking tall! Also my canopy looks great on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 323
It looks great! Let me know how your snails work out. I'm looking to get some of them to go with my angels and cori cats.

Well if you have any type of algae problem at all, or even if you don't have algae, GET SOME. I got 22 Nerite snails an put only about 12 of them in my tank which I had the slate COVERED in green ugly algae as well as my tank walls had lots of brush algae. Over 2 days, it was completely gone! I was so impressed at how fast they work and they are constantly cleaning! And this is all before I even got my Amano shrimp! I put in about 40 Amano shrimp and they prick all of the hair algae that tends to get on my ludwigia. I also have 4 Siamese algae eaters but they honestly just sit there and eat my fish food, not any algae...so if you want a quality cleaning crew all you need is some Nerite snails and Amano shrimp, just make sure the frets and stuff you are using wont harm any of them. What's your tank size? 55 right? I would probably suggest the same amount of snails but only about 30-40 shrimp (you are supposed to have 1-2 shrimp per gallon but I find that overstocking it) and even with half of the suggested number of shrimp they still work very efficient. I got my snails from eBay and they all arrived healthy, I got the Olive kind. I got my Amano shrimp from AZ Aquatic Gardens I believe they are called, they have a sale going on where each Amano shrimp is $0.99 compared to $2.99 like everyone else. I got 50 of them for $49 where I could have spent $80 more! Oh geez sorry for writing another chapter of my novel lol

Its great! I'd rather learn from someone who writes a novel first hand than he said she said...

Thanks jmeheliboy! I'll post a few more pics of it...the red tiger lotus bulbs have finally sprouted and a few leaves are on it! Also the dwarf sag and HC are getting rooted good and finally spreading to make a carpet!

Pics

I have 16 pics I took I think and my iPhone doesn't let me upload them all in one post so sorry for hijacking your emails with all the "new posts" lol here is the tank once again. It's nighttime and I just turned the lights back on so not all the plants are fully blossomed and most are all curled up for the night so sorry for that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 152
Pic#3

This is the bottom of the slate cave covered in dwarf sag about 4"tall with a nice stem of Limnophila Hippuroides in the center.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 143
Pic #5

This is the center of the driftwood in the middle of my tank, the anubias and java fern have yet to get really rooted on it so I waiting a bit before I take off the rubber bands.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 135
Pic #6

This is the top of the red ludwigia...my celebrity angelfish in the center :) I think it a needle leaf because it was gotten very thin red leaves instead of broad ones like other ludwigia..and as I said it being night the red leaves are not unraveled :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 124
Pic #7

My celebrity :D he/she has grown about a half inch since his last pic in the first page of the thread I believe...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 118
Pic #8

Left side of the tank with a little slate cave that my shrimp claimed as their house lol...the left side is a little overgrown but directly behind the slate thig is limnophila hippuroides which closely resembles my ludwigia due to their narrow leaves, but they are different. The amazon swords in the back are about half the tank size! :O

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 120
Pic #10

Here is a pic of a section of my HC (Hemainthus Callictrichoides aka Dwarf Baby Tears) starting to branch out and connect with the other sections to make that carpet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom