Updated pic of my 10 gal tank planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
img_750553_0_73dd17d836dba4b58b5d8c8e49f5bbad.jpg

I will be planteng hc as a foreground on thursday. lmk if you have any suggestion or comments about this tank. Thanks

Yea it is glosso and i know i dont have enough so i will be replacing it thursday with hc. Also i really thought that that red plant in the left corner through off the look of the tank and jungle feel so i replaced it and now heres the tank.

img_750562_0_ee02b45af157dfe8c30e44ba9ddc1b56.jpg

I like how you made the glosso look.But since the glosso is growing like that do you think you'll have enough light for HC?What kind of lights do you have?How many wpgs?

About how the glosso is growing, thats how i bought it from the store so i guess they didnt have enough lighting but i have 3.6wpg plus pressurized c02. So i think i should be fine.

Actually 36 watts isn't all that much light over a 10 gallon tank. Probably only about medium to medium high light depending on the type of bulbs that you are using. Glosso generally requires high to very high light which explains why it isn't doing very well in your tank.

Its not my lighting like i already said the glosso was just bought like that and has been in my tank for 3 days so there no possible way i an declare that it is my lighting thats doing this.

most places will grow there glosso emersed or under low light and higher fertalized tanks. some of mine came this way also. u should start to see runners all over in about a week if your light is sufficient. which i believe it will be. af for the red plant... i think making it a back drop plant behind all the green would have been cool. the tank has a nice look to it. i love the rocks and the way u have placed them in there. looking foreward to updates.

bballsosh said:
Its not my lighting like i already said the glosso was just bought like that and has been in my tank for 3 days so there no possible way i an declare that it is my lighting thats doing this.

Sorry. Didn't pick up on the fact that the Glosso was a recent purchase. The way I read your posts was that the Glosso looked about the same as when it was purchased. Also that your tank has better conditions than the store you bought it from and you expected to improve eventually.

While it's possible that with time the Glosso will start looking better, with the amount of light that you've listed having over the tank it's still more likely to grow up instead of forming a nice carpet. Only time will tell for sure.

Ok thank you all for the nice comments i really like how it is coming out. Hopefully it will end up growing in nicely. One question i have is that towards the top of the tank by the lights some of my plants are begining to have some fuzz algea. What fish do you think would help to keep it under control? lmk thanks

Back
Top Bottom