Used eheim 24 planted tank light recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rcguerra

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have been out of the hobby since early 2015. Moved a lot since then but long story short, got an used Eheim 24L (about 6g) with a height of 12”.

I have a 12” Ecoxotic that is acting up since the 1 year of usage (turning itself off when it gets hot), so it might be time for me to get an update on what is going on. It is amazing how things evolved so fast, price drops, etc.

So...with that said, I am planning on having liquid CO2 daily, some dwarf hairgrass at 8” from light source. Would be nice to keep it near or under USD $100.

Any tips?

Thank you in advance!

(Image of the used tank as given and as it is now)
IMG_0959.jpg

For DHG I would go with High Light, pressurized CO2, EI Dosing, and probably ADA Aquasoil...at least EcoComplete.

Assuming the following: LXWXH = 11X11X12.5 and you are wanting a depth from the light to the substrate at 8" I would look at the Finnex Stingray. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAFQ6BO/ref=twister_B00NFB51M8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

at 9" the PAR would be about 54 which is High Light. Even at 12" you are looking at 40 PAR. Regardless, this is a good light and more than enough for your Nano tank.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/145-finnex/189944-finnex-ray-ii-fugeray-par-data.html

Last edited:
This is exactly why I created this post. LED that gives 40 PAR at 12” for under $100 was a dream when I had to move to Boston and stop the hobby for a while.

Thank you so much for your time. I just finished setting up, still oozing soil stuff/bubbles.

Eheim 24l
Fluval 106 external canister
50w heater (soon to become inline integrated with the filter)
ADA Amazonia

Amazon sword (to hide hardware in the back
DHG
Dwarf sagittaria

Waiting on Amazon.com for light (currently featuring an LED bulb hanging from wire/socket, ugly)IMG_1001.jpg

That tank cleaned up well.
Finnex also makes clip on versions of the Stingray and Planted+. $26 and $43 through Amazon.

Oh, and welcome back!

Managed to find a planted+ (12”) for $10 on the LFS.
IMG_1353.jpg

Thank your for pointing me in the right direction.

4 week updateIMG_2891.jpg

It seems that the light and the liquid carvon is working eell for the DHG. It is melting some of my background leaves though.

Back
Top Bottom