Using CFL's with plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cstar

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm currently running a 10g planted tank only a few plants now. Getting more next week. Plants like amazon sword, rotalla, jungle val, bacopa Caroliana, wisteria. I'm running 2 13 watt CFL's 6500k. Will this work or do I need special lights? This I my first planted tank

That will be ok for low to low/med light plants. You could always jump.to 23 watters and get good med light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice. I'll take your advice and stick with my lights for now. At least until I learn more about using co2. I'm getting some apono crispis, bacopa Caroliana, wisteria, and amazon swords. Will these do alright with that lighting?

2x13w bulbs in a 10g is a fairly significant amount of light. Not 'high light', but definitely medium I would say. Definitely in the range where glut would be beneficial.

It is a carbon supplement that works similar to CO2, but less efficacious. DIY CO2 is strictly better, but it can be a hassle to get running and maintain.

Back
Top Bottom