Utricularia graminifolia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have you guys worked with this plant?

1487121960490.jpg

I saw it at Petco today- this Petco has really good plants- and I was very tempted to bring it home. This one looks pretty yellow, though. But such a cool plant! Aquatic *and* carnivorous! And apparently moderate lighting? I want it.

I think you'll want a high tech tank for that stuff.....like Co2, high lighting etc.
They just tell you what you want to hear.....
Plus if it's yellow that's probably not a good sign.
Those plants are grown emmersed, so they'll take a while to adjust to growing submerged.

I have CO2. This is a 12" deep tank with a Current Satellite LED+, which, I believe, is 38 PAR at substrate level. I wouldn't get this particular specimen, but I am curious to learn more about the plant.

It's a cool plant for sure.
You could probably grow this plant, you never know until you find out!
Give it a shot!

I tried this plant a few years back. I failed. Slowly over a period of a few months at least. Not enough light, CO2, and possibly too coarse of a substrate. Keeping it rooted with MTS was a challenge.
Would I try it again? Sure. Probably with a finer, more soil like substrate. It is, from what I understand, one of the more challenging carpet plants.

Back
Top Bottom