Very first pico build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kspenz926

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Starting to see several "pico builds" popping up so I thought I would give it a shot!

1$ Goodwill bowl
7$ Floramax substrate
1 clipping off temple plant from 40gal

Honestly I am posting this in hopes of people chiming in on how and what they would do so I can get some ideas going! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427258835.248832.jpg

55 gallon mbuna
40 gallon planted

What type of plant is in the bowl?

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size is the bowl? Do you eventually want to add shrimp or snails?

Can't wait to see what's in store to show us, kspenz =)
I just started a 2.2 cube a few days ago myself!
And yes as Theresa said, what's the volume of your bowl?

Nope its actually called temple plant, Not sure of scientific. And didn't measure the volume of the tank. It is quite small. Probably 1/4 gallon. Eventually I will put my engineering skills to the test and figure it out. Heres todays updates: Pulled 3 sprigs of hornwort out and my marimo moss ball out of my 40 gal and bought a ghost shrimp for 39¢ at TFS ("the local fish store"(correct?!))

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427346891.405510.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427346937.329550.jpg

55 gallon mbuna
40 gallon planted

The temple plant is a variety of hygrophillia :) I keep regular corymbosa not the corymbosa "temple" variety.

Tank looks good. Water changes would be easy with a bowel that small.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427349886.685970.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427349886.685970.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 63
Anyone have input on keeping livestock in there? 1-2 shrimp should survive correct?

55 gallon mbuna
40 gallon planted

For a 1/4 gallon, 1-2 shrimp should be good. or a shrimp and a snail. I've seen ghost shrimp at my LFS get pretty big though. almost like 2 inches. wouldn't recommend fish

That's awsome! But 1-2 shrimp seems boring tho

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Depends on the shrimp. I'm not a big fan of ghosts but neos are available in a lot of great colors. You could possibly do a bumblebee nerite but I'd be hesitant since there's no lid, they can definitely be escape artists.

Depends on the shrimp. I'm not a big fan of ghosts but neos are available in a lot of great colors. You could possibly do a bumblebee nerite but I'd be hesitant since there's no lid, they can definitely be escape artists.

With his "engineering skills" as mentioned in sure a DIY lid can be made for it :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom