VERY low lying plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, Im really looking into breaking my 55 down at the next $ per gallon to either go 20 long or 16 tall (just saw a 16 and they are really neat, but not very thick).

Anyway, the big mistake I made in my 55 was dwarf sag and micro sword which NEITHER stay dwarf.

I did have a really nice clover looking plants (not baby tears) in there but it was smothered out by the sag. I have a tiny scrap in another tank but I was looking for something like that as my next carpet plant. (Im pretty sure its Glosso)

Anyone have any good suggestions for some nice lower plants. I might use "some" micro sword again but DEF going to ditch the dwarf sag.

When I do this Ill prob have HUGE plant package to post up honestly.

I have a really nice LED light and pressurized CO2 I will be using. Thanks

Hey guys, Im really looking into breaking my 55 down at the next $ per gallon to either go 20 long or 16 tall (just saw a 16 and they are really neat, but not very thick).

Anyway, the big mistake I made in my 55 was dwarf sag and micro sword which NEITHER stay dwarf.

I did have a really nice clover looking plants (not baby tears) in there but it was smothered out by the sag. I have a tiny scrap in another tank but I was looking for something like that as my next carpet plant. (Im pretty sure its Glosso)

Anyone have any good suggestions for some nice lower plants. I might use "some" micro sword again but DEF going to ditch the dwarf sag.

When I do this Ill prob have HUGE plant package to post up honestly.

I have a really nice LED light and pressurized CO2 I will be using. Thanks

For smaller plants I really like crypt parva and crypt lutea hobbit. They stay small and offer some neat leaf shapes/colors. Anubias nana petite is a great transition plant from a carpet or substrate to a piece of hardscape. Alternanthera reineckii mini is a nice red plant that should stay small, trim as needed. Pogostemon helferi should stay small enough, again trim as needed and offers a bright green contrast to dark green or red plants, and offers very unique leaf structure. Staurogyne repens will grow short and bushy with enough light and planted densely enough. I think that is all for now. If you want any real life pictures of these plants I have them all currently ;)

For smaller plants I really like crypt parva and crypt lutea hobbit. They stay small and offer some neat leaf shapes/colors. Anubias nana petite is a great transition plant from a carpet or substrate to a piece of hardscape. Alternanthera reineckii mini is a nice red plant that should stay small, trim as needed. Pogostemon helferi should stay small enough, again trim as needed and offers a bright green contrast to dark green or red plants, and offers very unique leaf structure. Staurogyne repens will grow short and bushy with enough light and planted densely enough. I think that is all for now. If you want any real life pictures of these plants I have them all currently ;)

I'll look them up! I'd probably be willing to buy some clips of possible to soon enough

All good suggestions. A 20 long has a decent foot print and shallow depth to maximize lighting.
Here is a pic of the last three plants listed. The AR mini is just to the left of the stone. Pogostemon helferi (downoi) is on the right side. IMG_4848.jpg

+1 Crypt lucens also stays small. It looks great next to Crypt parva.

Back
Top Bottom