w00t! and boo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
well today we went to lowes and guess what i find? i found 2 dwarf hairgrass and 1 pillwort. 5$ each. i bring some home and a ton of water spills on my pants. :(

after i wash the plants (they were meant for pond) i put the pillwort in my 29 gallon. almost instantly the water turns cloudy. i siphon around 50% of the water and it looks like when you put dirt in your water. not alot but enough to get your whole tank cloudy.

next i take the dwarf hairgrass out to wash then with the hose. when im done i put them in my 10 gallon and again it gets cloudy. i siphon arouynd 60% and take them out. i put1 hairgrass in my 5 gallon and another in my 29. so now i have 2 tanks cloudy and my 5 gallon is looking nice because fo putting it in there. lol my 2 i practically washed it in my 2 biggest tanks to put it in my 5 gallon :/

but it wasa good deal. the dirt will get filtered eventually, but their pretty big. probally enough to cover the bottom of an orange juice carton.

so... the fertilizer that came with my plants is like 20% in my water, 5% on my lawn, and the rest still in the box.

should i put a couple of these in every now and then? 1 kind is the white fertilizer that comes with plants and the otehr kind is like a gray clay

I can't answer your fertiliser question, but I'll move this over to the planted forum. It might get a better viewing over there.

yeah... i tried taking as much out as i could. but im thinking that it'll be safe for fish since it was meant for ponds. the only one im worried about is the lil white foamy thingys

Back
Top Bottom