Walmart Aponogeton and Lily bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
For these bulbs how do you send them back to the address? Just wondering. Do you put them in a zip-loc bag or something? And they just send you fresh bulbs right?

Yep, a padded envelope works fine as well. Keep in mind that they do take their sweet time mailing you the new ones. But you figure...ya pay about $3 for a pack of 3 bulbs where at least one always works. Not too bad a deal anyways.

how long did you leave them in the water? Mine took a good 2 weeks to start growing. you will notice a little green sprout and then maybe 2 more weeks till it actually looks like a plant

The aponogeton bulbs that I have (that are going to sprout) have sprouted two days after I put them in my ten gallon and I noticed the ones I put in my 5 gallon had sprouts after 24 hours. About half the aponogetons sprout- the other half grow fungus.....

For the lily bulbs- I've found that only one makes it out of each pack. The first pack I got one made it but because I left it in the tank for 3 months and then it sprouted... But I've cut it up so now I have 2 separate lily plants and a dormant bulb.... Anyone know how to get this bulb growing again? It's not growing fungus or anything, just sitting there on the bottom.

I guess it just depends on your aquarium, lighting, nutrients, etc... I have low lights, less than 1 wpg.. i guess thats why it took so long for them to grow in my tank, but they did grow!

I have low light (2wpg) but that's double your lighting so ya that might be why. The 2 wpg is doing good for my C. wendtii.

I think I'm going to send them back some time unless I forget about it :lol: .

The ones you get back from them are in much better shape than the ones at Walmart, so you will likely have greater success with the replacements. I have had them take their sweet time, and once I forgot about one that was behind a decoration and it sprouted after about three months. That was a lily.

I have also had the plant with a root or two break away from the bulb and the bulb grew new leaves and started a new plant, and the one that broke off is growing as well.

Back
Top Bottom