Walmart plant bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crewless

Aquarium Advice Activist
....i hope i have the right place to post this if i dont im gonna get yelled at agian ......well i bought some plant bulbs from walmart and i was wondering if anyone had tips or anything or advice also im looking for more plants freshwater only and i planted 7 bulbs 4 in my 5g and 3 in my 10g ill buy more but i was looking for advice oh and i want alot of different kinds of plants but dont know where to get any

I got one of those packs a long time ago, only one bulb grew and it's actually one of the healthiest and better looking plants, I still have no idea what it is.

But if you're looking for plants and can pay online many member on here actually have many different kinds of plants for sale.

Im glad at least one grew and im excited and cant wait till i see little sprouts :)

Do you mean the aponegeton bulbs? If so its a great plant. I did half of them above gravel and half under gravel. Once they sprout put them in the gravel and it's on! They were my first plant and were very easy to deal with. My plants always melted with co2. If you see a long stick like leaf popping out its a flower or a new plant eventually sprouting out. Hope this helps

Oh my i should get more plants then to absorb more co2 o.o i hope they dont melt o.o its only a 10gallon

Nope but i want more plants but dont know where to get them

You can get an awesome amount of plants that don't need co2. My tank has swords, aponegeton, anacharis an java fern and no co2 oh and Singapore moss

I cant buy stuff online
....it makes getting plants very very hard:(

Crewless said:
I cant buy stuff online
....it makes getting plants very very hard:(

Ah yes it does lol. Well do you have a pet smart around you? Mine have waterfall tanks filled with different plants.

Nope nearist pet store is many many miles away im stuck between a rock and a hard spot :(

I bought some last month. They start to sprout after a couple of weeks. Some, sadly don't if you're unlucky. If they don't, you can send them back to the manufacture and they'll send you a handful of fresher bulbs. Good luck !

This was my five gallon tank about a month after my bulbs started to grow. No co2 no ferts.

Attachments

• image-3371348072.jpg
    image-3371348072.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 144
I've heard good things about those bulbs, but I've never been able to get one to sprout so, I gave up on them.

picture_117 said:
Ah yes it does lol. Well do you have a pet smart around you? Mine have waterfall tanks filled with different plants.

Gotta watch petsmart though... The dreaded snail... My local petsmart keeps their snails in the plant tank and I often get a breeding population...

abrahamavelar said:
same here but usually rinsing them in the sink and letting them float in the sink for 5-15 min has work out for me

The ones that do.slip through get relocated to my cichlid tank to live out their lives... Short as they may be in there.

Back
Top Bottom