walmart plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_newbie

Aquarium Advice Activist
im planning on getting microswords and walmart is the only place around here that has them ..but im not sure if they're safe or not to buy ..knowing that u shouldnt buy fish from there ..what about the plants?

Wal mart was the only fish store around here for the longest time. I bought many plants from there. I never had any problems.

One of the biggest issues with big places like Walmart, exept Devilishturtles' Walmart, is they don't seem to know anything(about anything really)about QT and illness... the only problems with plants would be possible hitchikers, not sure how many parasites can hitchike, but there are ways to deal with that... really the biggest worry with plants from a store is those pesky snails... Someone here could probably tell you straight out what to do, but somewhere on the site, like many times, is some info on treating plants so as to not worry about such things... in short, go for it... I'd find the info on treating the plants and go ahead, I don't see any real problems buying plants from them...

Well, Walmart doesn't seem to pay a living wage to most of their "associates" who also can't afford the health insurance they offer. :( In the race to the bottom, I personally would rather order plants online, or patronize a decent LFS. Just my opinion, for what its worth.

There are no minimum wage jobs, just minimum wage workers. And last I checked no one is forced to work at Wal-Mart.

Back
Top Bottom