Water circulation help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K so I have a aquaclear70 on the left side of my tank. Then I have the intake to my sunsun 303b on the right side, the spray bar is positioned at the top middle pointed up to create a ripple on the surface. Now I want to ensure I have a good current in my tank with no dead spots. Here is a pic of my tank where you can see the positioning of everything.
img_2045177_0_fdffc5a1e3b1d847ecd7c688f7aef5ba.jpg

I have a Hydor nano 425. And don't know where to position it to create the current I need. I have to angels do I don't want to blow them all over the place I just want to make sure my plants aren't sitting in dead spots growing algae. Where do I need to place this power head?? And should I change where I have my spray bar located? I've thought about maybe moving it to the right side piece of glass, that way it sprays towards the left side. And I have a spare timer that I was thinking about hooking the power head to so I could give my angels a break every couple hrs threw the day and just let the power head be off at night. PLEASE HELP

It's a 90g. 48.5x 18.5 x 24
No I'm not running co2
Yea I'm starting to see some bba growing on both my anubius and my windelov fern

IF it were me, I would put the 425 opposite the spray bar, or consider getting a lily pipe so you can make a nice circular flow throughout the tank. The HOB should be oxygenating the tank well enough.

As an aside, the BBA is likely not being caused by circulation issues, but rather by an issue with lights/CO2 and/or tank hygiene.

What do you mean opposite the spray bar?? It's in the center back of the tank??? And I change the water weekly, at about twenty gallons at a time. So I don't think it's hygiene. Idk I have this Eco complete in this tank do I'm not sure how to fertilize it just yet. I've been dosing excel daily, iron every other day, flourish once a week, and potassium twice a week. Do I need to slack up on my ferts?

And at the moment I run two out of a three bulb fixture at 54w each. T5 HO bulbs totaling 108w from 11:30am to 9:00pm. So I know I probably need to shorten my time period, how long should I run them for??

This is a reply I had on plantedtank.net........

Looking at your tank, if you need to improve circulation, I would place the Koralia on the left side, low, close to the back, and blow towards the right along your back wall.

....... Do you think that would be a decent idea
Or will you explain what you ment aquachem????

Back
Top Bottom