Water circulation on at night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jzcombo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All. I just started my first tank. 29 gallon freshwater planted tank with plenty of pond snails and ghost shrimp.I just finished cycling the tank and it is ready for fish. I just added a couple neon tetra to start. I have a Hydor 240 fan that I have kept on since I started the tank. Now that I have the fish, should the fan be turned off at night?

Is the 24/7 fan too much for a fishes health? Do they need a break?

I wouldn't think so. The rivers near my house don't stop of a night. If they have somewhere to get out of the current, that would be optimal though.

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

I wouldn't think so. The rivers near my house don't stop of a night. If they have somewhere to get out of the current, that would be optimal though.

Survival of the fittest. When I turned on the moon light, they found a cozy place to hide and sleep without being jostled around.

Setting Up a Fan

Hello jz...

Tetras are schooling fish, they'll do best in group of a dozen. A filter that hangs on the back will aerate the surface water for gas exchange. A Hagen AC30 or a 50 if you want to go the extra mile. Not sure why you need a fan, but maybe shrimp keeping has changed since I used to keep them.

B

I tend to overfilter my tanks anyway, and I have a jungle of a planted tank. If my fish don't feel like fighting the current, they bury up in the wysteria. Most of the time, they're in open water.

Back
Top Bottom