water conditioning fizz tabs for greener plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone used these water conditioning fizz tabs for plants in their tank? My lfs just started carrying them so I decided to try them out. They supposedly add co2 to the water along with other stuff for your plants and the box states that are completely harmless to fish. I just want to make sure because my fish actually try to eat the tab as it is fizzing and I want to make sure this isnt a problem.

I doubt you will get any measurable co2 out of the tabs. Check out the DIY area for co2 setups. :D

I second that - most of the CO2 will simply bubbles out & any that managed to be dissolved in the water will not last long. For any measurable effect, you pretty much need a continuous slow injection of CO2.

They'll increase CO2 by a small amount, for a very short period of time. These tabs do contain some trace nutrients, which is probably why megladonsharky's plants are looking better.

Until you hit 1.5wpg, adding CO2 isn't necessary, and you likely won't even see an effect on plants until you inch towards 2wpg.

Back
Top Bottom