Water Fleas? (how do I kill them)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys... I didn't put this in the "unhealthy fish" section because to the best of my knowledge, this isn't effecting the fish.

I have some very mature, Long grass which I love, however, it appears it coiling on the surface has made a perfect lair for "water fleas" They're little white/brown bugs that can jump a few inches randomly. I've had them for about a year... and they even survived the move to my apartment (through a complete water drain, but I left some of the plants in the substrate, which Is what i guess they survived on)

Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

The big al's dude said to use a doubleshot of copper.

I personally thing He's crazy for suggesting that.

The tank temp is kept at 82*f. Light is from 3pm to midnight. It gets indirect light from 10am to 5pm (at this time of year)

PH is 6.8. Hardness GH is high, as well as KH. (at last check 3 months ago)
44 Gallon, 96watt CF 6700k bulb, fed flake daily and frozen stuff every other day. Dosing with Flourish Excel. Not much surface agitation from Fluval 304

Nitrates 15, Nitrites 0 ammonia 0

Stocked with:

3 Congo Tetras
1 Millenium Rainbow
1 dwarf-neon-redtail rainbow
1 SAE
3 small CAE
1 Clown loach
4 cardinals
4 black phantom Tetra's
1 blue gourami

Thanks for any advice!

Thanks :) I understand they won't hurt anything... but sometimes they jump out of the tank and once now, actually rather disturbed a guest I had. (there is a couch near by)

I'll see if I can get a clear macro shot of it.

Back
Top Bottom