Water Hardness - and pH/CO2 struggle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your drop checker should not be green until it is in a tank that has CO2 around 30ppm. If the solution is really 4 dKH, then it is impossible for it to be green other then being in the tank for several hours.

My point, you should purchase a calibrated 4 dKH solution for your drop checker. It only costs a couple of bucks and can be found on several websites along with ebay.

Well... that's what I was thinking (shouldn't be green until it is exposed to CO2- injected tank). I will have to re-check the reference solution. I double-checked it the first time using my test kit, but with double the ml of water (so that 1 drop=.5 dKH). IT was 8 drops (in 10ml of the solution) to turn colors from blue to yellow.

I may just break down and order the 4dKH solution, as I haven't been able to find it anywhere around here.

I got mine off ebay for about $5. I'd also go ahead and order a glass drop checker or two, they're pretty cheap.... not sure how well that setup you have works. I know some drop checkers just don't work like they should. I remember getting 3 glass ones for about $10 shipped

Pulled one of my questionable rocks, put in clean container with distilled water and monitored pH and dKH.

Result after a week was a discernible rise in both pH and KH.

So, add to that I had a massively high Nitrate issue, I decided to do some rescaling- pulling the rest of the questionable rock pile, adding some driftwood, and moving some plants around.

Will see how things settle over night. Will upload photos for input and constructive suggestions.

I decided to do some rescaling- pulling the rest of the questionable rock pile, adding some driftwood, and moving some plants around.

Will see how things settle over night. Will upload photos for input and constructive suggestions.

OK - so that was suppose to be reSCAPING, not rescaling... auto-correct fail!

But that being said - I am about to post up some pics.

Back
Top Bottom